The possibilities for helping on a limited or ongoing basis are many. Here are some ideas:
1. Prayer support. The needs are many, our resources are limited, and the forces of darkness seek to diminish our witness and effectiveness. It is prayer that sustains us. “The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective” (James 5.16).
2. Gather supplies. We are limited by the logistics and expenses of shipping, so most donated items have to be brought in suitcases. If you are considering a visit to this part of the world, please consider bringing supplies. Gently used summer clothing, arts and crafts materials, and sewing supplies are all items that are routinely needed.
3. Tell your friends about us. Facebook (click “like” on the SIGA Ministry Partners page), our bimonthly newsletter, and this website are our primary means of providing updates on what God is doing in this part of the world. For people to become involved, they need to know about this ministry. Become informed and tell others.
4. Pay us a visit. The best way to know about us is to come and visit. Small groups can participate in children’s ministries, construction projects, or just come and go with the flow our our daily routines.
5. Collaborate in our Annual Christmas Outreach Initiative. During the Christmas season, we travel to small villages for fun and fellowship while we share the good news that the story of Christmas does not end in the manger. Children receive small gifts as well as school supplies. Come for a visit, bring gifts with you, or make a financial contribution (most items must be purchased in Costa Rica).